My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Thursday, August 4, 2011

The ride that wasn't

I was supposed to ride from Grand Rapids to McBain today.  That would be about 104 miles.  Was I looking forward to this?  Yep.  Am I going to ride?  Nope.

You might wonder why this is.  Why would someone give up such an opportunity?  It is a beautiful day.  The scenery would have been quite enjoyable.  There would have been such a nice sense of accomplishment.

I did not do the ride for the sake of my wife and her sanity.  I won't go into the boring details but 8 hours of "me" time would have put a lot of stress on my wife (I will say it involves getting ready for a long weekend away and a child who awakens at 5:40am screaming his head off).  In the long term, having a happy wife will be better for me than riding an unsupported century.  I think.  Probably.  I'm mostly certain of that.  It's too late now anyway. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment