My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8/9/11 Bike Ride

17.5 miles
1:28:30
13.38 MPH
1554 miles YTD

This one was hills.  I did 8 repeats on a hill at the southern end of John Ball Park.  It is a dead end drive to the "Hill Top Pavillon".  There is a little play area and picnic area up there.  This hill is relatively short but steep.  On the last several repeats my speed dropped down to 5.2-5.6 MPH.  I can just about run that fast up that hill.  I kept on saying to myself "KOM, KOM, KOM" (King of the Mountain).  There is a jersey at Twin Six that I really would like to get and it was sort of my inspiration for the KOM thing.

Why do this particular hill?  Several months ago, another cyclist I know told me that he did this hill 20 times in a row once.  I should say that he has also done the 24 Hour Challenge like 17 or 18 times.  Naturally, my goal is to do 20 as well.  Mikey likey challenges.  I will definitely have to work up to this.  This might become an early Saturday ride so I can have time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment