My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Sunday, August 14, 2011

8/14/11 Bike Ride

29.1 miles
2:01:28
14.37 MPH
1583 mile YTD

Sitting here in the evening, my thighs have that wonderfully "full" feeling that tells me I worked hard today.  I did more hill repeats on the John Ball Park hill.  There were 9 total, split into 6 then 3.  In between, I rode along the Millennium Park and Johnson Park trails until I got to the Johnson Park Scenic Drive.  I ripped and and down this, doing my best to get through it as quickly as I could.  The weather was great.  It was cloudy and in the low to mid 70's.  Very comfortable.

Even though this was only a two hour ride, I used Perpetum in my water bottles (only one scoop).  I did this last week as well, up in McBain.  Per the Hammer Nutrition website, Perpetum is meant for 2+ hour rides.  I'm beginning to think it helps me on shorter, intense rides.  I shall have to continue experimenting with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment