My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/27/11 Bike Ride

39.1 miles
2:24:30
16.24 MPH
1681 miles YTD

Nothing like waking up at 5:40am on a Saturday.  Honestly, it is pretty hard to pull myself out of bed like that on a Saturday but it is really the only way I can get a good, long ride in.  There won't be time otherwise.  There are a few positives to the early morning rides: little to no traffic, cooler temperatures, and I feel "satisfied" the rest of the day.

I could explain the route in detail but I honestly don't feel like it.  Basically, I headed up Pine Island Dr. to 12 Mile and then headed east.  I got to 12 Mile and Courtland, NE of Rockford, and I turned around.  On the way back, I wound my way to Division and took that down to 6 Mile and then headed home from there.  Overall, it was a good, fun and challenging ride.  It is definitely good to have it done and not have to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment