My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lame

If at any given point during the reading of this blog, you decide that my thoughts are inane, stereotypical, unoriginal, or boring, you must remember one thing.  I'm lame.  That's right, I said it, I'm lame.  I'm boring, safe, grossly unoriginal and bursting with sterotypical behaviors.  Sorry about that, but it's true.  Is this why people tend to like me?  Am I safe and predictable?  You betcha.  I tend to be unoffensive and friendly.  If you met me, you probably wouldn't remember me because I'm not really all that memorable.

Mohawk?  Nope.
Weird job? Nope.
Odd physical abnormality?  Nope.
Strange hobbies?  Nope.
Wacky religion?  Depends who you talk to, but my answer is "Nope".

If I told you just about anything about myself, you wouldn't be surprised.  It would all fit.  I must admit, I rather like it way.  It feels safe and predictable.  I like safe and predictable.

Since I like safe and predictable, the next question is "When is all this going to change?"  When is the upheaval, the life-altering event?  What will it be?  Disease?  Death?  Disability?  Extreme wealth?  Fame? (The last two seem pretty unlikely, don't ya think?).

Maybe I should seek out change.  Maybe I should find change before it finds me.  Face it head on rather than waiting for it to smack me in the face.  I probably won't.  Remember, I like safe and predictable.  We humans don't seem to embrace change well.  I'm not the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment