My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Friday, July 22, 2011

7/22/11 bike ride

22.8 miles
1:23:10
16.4 MPH
1417 miles YTD

I woke up at 6 am and was off and pedaling by 6:30.  I rode down to a series of interconnected bike paths on the SW side of town and did 10 sprints.  I used the interval timer on my watch and did 15 second warning --> 30 second sprint --> 4 minutes easy spinning and repeated for a total of 10.

My quads are definitely fatigued.  A good ride overall.  On my way back, I saw a young man in a Founders Brewery team kit doing repeats on the steep hill that leads to the picnic/park area behind John Ball Park (just off Butterworth at the south end of the park).  I've done this before and it is killer.  The hill is steep and deceptively long.  I think I've done up to 8 repeats before and been fried afterwards.  I should have asked him how many he was doing.  I never think of that stuff soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment