My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Betsey & Jeff

My sister got married yesterday.  She married her high school sweetheart.  No kidding.  What you wouldn't expect is my sister is 3 years older than I am.  No, she didn't just earn her GED or something like that.  She graduated when she was 18, like most people.

She re-met Jeff after an approximate 20 year hiatus.  Both were divorcees and just happened to run across each other on that little world-of-it's-own we call Facebook.  If I have my info correct, Jeff was looking up friends and acquaintances in preparation for a 20 year class reunion.  My sister's divorce had just been finalized so she decided to go with him to the reunion.  That was about 3 years ago.  It is definitely an unusual situation but how often in life do things happen as we expect them to?  I am thoroughly convinced that God has a tremendous sense of humor.

My prayer has been that they will have a long, happy and fruitful marriage.  Betsey's divorce was an exquisitely painful process that she never should have had to go through.  As painful as it was for me to watch, it must have been 100x more painful for her.  Then, of course, there are her 3 kids (Ashley, Jacob, and Emily).  I was probably more concerned about them than I was about there mom.

I believe that Betsey & Jeff's marriage is God's way of making good out of a bad situation.  Nobody knows how the years are going to unfold.  When it comes down to it, I'm not sure what's going to happen in 5 minutes.  Don't worry, you are not in control anyway.  Remember, "The Dude abides".

No comments:

Post a Comment