My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Sunday, September 18, 2011

9/17/11 Bike Ride

41.6 miles
2:59:35
13.9 MPH
1831 miles YTD

Today's ride was just a little different.  Michelle and I did a 15 mile ride as part of Cycle to Serve, a fundraiser for Volunteers In Service.  It's not often I'm in a mood for a nice, leisurely 15 mile ride so I got up at 6:30 and rode for 26 miles beforehand.  With thosev26 miles behind me, I could take it easy on the 15 mile ride without feeling wimpy.

The major issue today...cold.  It really wasn't all that cold.  It started at 50 degrees but I never seem to ride that well in the cold.  I can never keep up quite the same pace as when it is warmer out.  Even 10 degrees warmer would have made a world of difference.

It was a lot of fun though.  I got in a quite a good workout, Michelle and I spent some good time together and we stopped for Donuts afterward.  Pretty cool, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment