My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Sunday, June 2, 2013

Really, that's all I've done so far?

Just yesterday, I did the 65 mile route for the 100 Grand Bike Tour (which I highly recommend, by the hoo).  When I was done, I uploaded the data from my Garmin 500 to see how we did.

Overall, it was pretty good day.  I rode with Dave Vanderschaaf and Scott DeKryger, pacelineing it the whole way.  This was definitely new for me as I typically ride alone.

Just for kicks, I checked my mileage total for the year.  598.

What?

598.

Seriously, that's it?

Yep folks, it turns out having 3 kids, a lovely/beautiful/fantastic wife, and a full-time job will cut into your ride time.  Who-da-thunk?

At this pace, I'll be satisfied if I get 1800 miles for the year.  That would be 600 less than 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012.  Oh well.  At least the kids are cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment