My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Bike Goals

In years past, I have not actually put my cycling goals into writing.  I have had goals, but it was always a mental list.  This year I decided to put it into writing so I could reflect back more easily.

One thing about goals...I don't care whether I acheive them but I do care whether I acheive them.  That is my way of saying I will be ecstatic if I meet all my goals but I won't be flustered if I don't.

Certain goals will be easier than others.  I should be able to meet number two.  That is mostly about letting Michelle know ahead of time that I want to participate in these events.  She's pretty cool about this. 

Number four is also pretty likely.  With Michelle's parents and sister in Midland, there will be many opportunities to ride to there.  It is a journey I have yet to do by bike, so I can certainly look forward to it.  That ride will likely help me to reach number five.  I have already traversed 75 miles on Sam so 100-107 shouldn't be too hard.  Prioritizing a new saddle for Sam will have to become a priority.  I would like to shoot for a used Brooks B-17.  I'm thinkin' Ebay.

Which goal is the hardest?  Probably number three, 2600 miles for the year.  Time, time, time.  This is the major determining factor.  I gotta be a good dad and husband first.

A 200 km ride will likely take place during either the 100 Grand or the Colorburst.  Both events have 100 km courses.  My current plan is to ride the course in one direction and then reverse it for the second 100.  That way, I can take advantage of the rest stops.  Also, I know the roads quite well so there won't be any surprises.

2012 Bike Goals
1) Do a 200 km ride
2) Ride in the 100 Grand, Colorburst, and le Tour de Donut.
3) Log 2600 miles
4) Ride to McBain and/or Midland
5) Do a singlespeed century
6) Do 3 total century rides (or longer)

I guess we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment