My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Friday, January 4, 2013

"I Am The Motor"

Last night was my first "ride" of the new year.  Ride is in parentheses because it was an indoor trainer ride, which barely counts as a ride.

Despite being a trainer ride, it was really hard.  I did 20 miles with breaks every 5 miles to do a set of chin-ups & push-ups.  The legs felt dead.  My heart was pumping hard just to keep a speed in the mid 16's.  Ugh.

What was I thinking about as I was sludging through?  I Am The Motor.

Michelle got me a t-shirt from a company called Stomach of Anger.  It is a simple shirt.  There is a picture of a heart, right where my heart should be with the words "I Am The Motor" across the top.

I asked for it because it really made sense to me.  This is one of the reasons I love cycling.  I Am The Motor.  My bike is simply a series of steel tubes with some aluminum, plastic and rubber bits thrown on.  It is incapable of motion until I hop on and push down on the pedals.

If the bike is moving fast it is because I am making it move fast.  If it is moving slowly, it is because I can't seem to make it move fast.  If the bike just topped 100 miles for the day, it is because I pedaled it for 100 miles that day.  I did it...I Am The Motor.

As a side note, people on motorcycles don't really impress me.  Sorry.  I Am The Motor...you are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment