My Motto

Hop on. Ride hard. Repeat



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Why haven't I posted in a while?

Good question.  I'm not completly sure, but it probably has to do with a lack of time, lack of computer access, and trying to find time to write on my other blog, Can a Fat Man Run?  Here are a few things that have transpired since my last post about 5 months ago.

  1. Michelle & I are pregnant with our third child, due around Thanksgiving.  Yes, yes, thank you, thank you.  Everything seems to be going well.
  2. There have been several more bike days this past spring and beginning this fall.  There is one more left for the year and my plan is to do a century ride.  The fall bike days are all in preparation for doing a 200K ride at the Colorburst.
  3. My daughter has started first grade.  Woo-Hoo!!!  I couldn't be more proud of her.
  4. I took up running again (WHAT?!?!?!?).  After being inspired by the book Born to Run, I decided to give the barefoot/natural/minimalist running style a try.  You can read about it at Can a Fat Man Run, but it is actually going quite well.
  5. I'm on track to acheive all of my bike goals for the year but I may not reach the 2,600 mile mark.  The extra time spent running has had some influence on this.  Oh well.
  6. After doing coverage for about 1.5 years, I have taken a position at Mary Free Bed's Pain Center.  This is a multidisciplinary program involving physical & occupational therapy, medical care, and psychology, all housed under one roof.  It is truly the best treatment out there for people with chronic pain.
  7. Our computer's motherboard took a complete dive and we were without a home computer for 4-5 weeks (this did influence the amount of posting I did).
There are certainly other little details of life I have missed.  So many details.  This coming Saturday, my daughter & I will ride in the 4th annual le Tour de Donut up at Klackle Orchards in Greenville.  This is a 30+ mile ride with 2 donut stops.  I think we are both ready for it.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment